What you need:
A pressure cooker
Pint size jars and lids
Boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt
STEP 1:
Cut chicke breast into 1-2 inch size chunks
STEP 2:
Pack raw chicken into clean pint sized jars. (be sure to get air pockts out and pack tightly!) Leave 1 inch headspace at the top of the jar. (no water needed.)
STEP 3:
Add 1/2 tsp salt to each jar of chicken
STEP 4:
Wipe the rim of the jar clean with a clean dishrag. Place lid and ring on and tighten the ring.
STEP 5:
Pressure cook the jars of chicken for 1 hour and 15 minutes using 10 pounds of pressure. (Follow the instructions of your pressure cooker for proper procedure.*)
*my personal 12 quart canner requires 2 quarts of water. I add water and jars of chicken and bring to a boil. Then I put the lid on and let the vent tube release steam for 10 minutes. I then add the juggler at the 10 pound mark. When the jiggler starts to jiggle, I have 10 pounds or pressure and I start my timer for 1 hour, 15 minutes. I adjust my heat so that the jiggler only jggles 4 times a mnute-that is how I know I have the pressure right.
Your canned chicken is fully cooked. You can eat it straight from the jar! Store as you would any canned coods-no refridgeration necessary. The same process can be done with roast beef. A pint size jar will hold just over a pound of raw chicken.
**not recommended for flat top stove tops.
Kim Routsong